We Are Your



Los Angeles Immigration Attorney for Adjustment of Status


The Law Offices of Henry Haddad Can Help with All of Your Immigration Needs

If you have come to the United States on a temporary or non-immigrant visa, then you may adjust your status in order to become a lawful permanent resident. 


Adjustment of status is a process that allows those people who have been admitted into the U.S., typically on a tourist, business, or student visa, and who have remained in the U.S. to apply for U.S. Permanent Residency (Green card) provided they meet the requirements highlighted below:

(A) For individuals who fall under the Immediate Relative Classification.

You have not departed the U.S. since your last entry even if you have remained in the U.S. unlawfully for many years and have worked without permission. Or, you entered the U.S. unlawfully but an application was filed for you before 1997 or for a relative and you had derivative rights and you otherwise qualify under “245i” regulations.

You do not have a criminal record. `{`Requires a Waiver, generally.`}`

You did not receive public assistance of more than 12 months in the past three years.

You will be able to be productive or have enough assets to show that you will not receive public benefits in the future.

You relative is qualifies to be your financial sponsor or you may need to get a co-sponsor, if your relative cannot show that his or her income is 125% above the Poverty Guideline.

You have not committed fraud or misrepresentation on any prior visa application or other government application.

You did not have a pre-conceived intent to become a U.S. resident at the time you applied for your visa and/or entered the U.S.

(B) For individuals who fall under all other Immigrant Visa Classifications

You are not eligible if you have remained in the U.S. in an unlawful status for a period of six months or more or have worked in the U.S. without permission.

All other eligibility factors mentioned above will apply.

Your adjustment is based on qualifying for a specific type of permanent visa. It is important for you to remember that an adjustment of status will not be given if “negative factors” are found in your case.

Such negative factors include:

Fraud or misrepresentation in your initial application

Preconceived intent

Criminal background or other ineligible factors

If you have general questions about an adjustment of status, then please feel free to contact us and we will respond to your questions within 24 hours.

Contact Our Team Today

If you would like to learn more about the status adjustment process or other immigration matters, we encourage you to schedule a free case evaluation with our Los Angeles immigration lawyer today. During this appointment, we would be happy to answer any questions that you have about your situation and offer you a list of options on how to proceed. We always keep your best interests in mind and we can help you take action.

Call (213) 387-0099 now to get in touch with
our team at the Law Offices of Henry Haddad.

Contact Us Today!


Schedule Your Free Immigration Consultation

by Completing the Form Below.

Learn all of your options

One-on-one attention

Straightforward legal advice

Payment plans

34+ years of experience

Do you have any immigration questions?

You can schedule your free consultation in less than 2 minutes.

Simply type in your information below.