Family Reunification

Applications by American Citizens

Applications by American Citizens

If you are an American Citizen, then there are two ways you can petition family members to come to the United States:

1. Immediate Relative

2. Quota Based

Family Unity Diagram: Application by a U.S. Citizen

Immediate Relative

1. A U.S. Citizen may apply for his/her spouse, children under 21, and parents. There are no numerical limits and it is a matter of going through the immigration procedure and processing times. Different rules apply for those people who are already in the U.S. and for those who are in their home country. [Must be 21 years old to apply for your parents].

Quote Based

2. U.S. Citizens can also apply for their children who are over 21, married children with their families, and their brothers and sisters. These petitions, however, have numerical limits on them on a yearly basis and have different processing times than immediate relative petitions.

If you have general questions about your situation, then use our opt-in box at the top right of the page and we will respond to your questions within 24 hours.

Law Offices of Henry Haddad – U.S. Immigration Attorney with Immigration law firm located in L.A. offers free office consultation on DREAM ACT, Family Unification, Adjustment of Status, U.S. Citizenship, Immigrant visas, deferred action, I-601 (Unlawful Presence) Waivers, Asylum, unlawful status and getting U.S. residency. Henry Haddad is an attorney with over 32 years of experience.
DREAM ACT, Adjustment of Status, U.S. Citizenship, Immigrant visas, Deferred Inspection attorney, Temporary Visas, Business Visas, Asylum Applications, Removal Proceedings and all immigration cases. Civil Litigator and Business Law.